QUICK JUMP to Professional Profile @ LinkedIn
A quirky kinda gal, a little sassy yet classy on occasion, Southern Belle to the core born and raised in Zebulon, North Carolina (and still firmly planted there but wide open to professional opportunity to travel)… a gal who knows life is too short and wants to enjoy the ride and share it with anybody who wants to come along, and even with those who don’t! My bucket list is long (blog post to come) and I have a lotta life to live and a lotta experience to give!
A God fear’n single gal, sister, aunt
(“Dee Dee”) to the joy of my life Wyatt (7 going on 30!), girlfriend, Marketing Home Economist, Personal Chef, Outdoor Kitchen Designer/Builder/Equipper (and ECU Pirate) who has always thought HOME EC is k.e.w.l. and needs a resurrection… and is on a mission to do just that! It’s revival time ~ Hallelujah…
sit down and pass the plate… ’cause class is about to commence.
I’m mighty proud to hold a B.S. in Home Economics Education from East Carolina University in Greenville, NC! Over the years, I have had successful culinary related businesses… “A Tisket A Tasket” Gift Baskets, “Angels On Call” Wedding and Event Planning (2 decades!),” Personal Chefs Network, Inc., and “Angel In Your Kitchen” Personal Chef Services. Since my ECU days, I have always had a hankering to continue my education in all sorts of ways… these are just a few of my educational undertakings.
Continuing Education ~ Certifications ~ Miscellaneous
- Hog Killing & Processing
- “FoodBlogSouth.com” ~ Birmingham, AL
- “Ag-Entrepreneurship” ~ Scholarship by NC Tobacco Trust
- “Making Media Work for your Food Business” ~ NC Department of Agriculture
- “Web Marketing & Social Media for Small Farms” ~ Chatham County Extension
- “Social Media for Small Business…Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and more” ~ Martin Brossman
- “How To Take a Food Product to Market in NC” ~ NCDA & Extension
- “Developing a Food Business in North Carolina” ~ NCDA & Extension
- “Taking a Food Product To Market” @ Fancy Food Show in San Francisco
- “ServSafe®” ~ Certified Instructor
- “Grant Writing” ~ Greenville, NC
- “Substitute Teaching Certification”
- “FRP Cookbook University” ~ Nashville, TN
- Outdoor Kitchen Design/Build ~ multiple classes at various venues
- and Oodles of others too!
Publications/Writing Experiences (current and past links on LinkedIn profile)
- Our State Magazine ~ food stylist and recipe developer since November 2010
Created 5 cakes for special dessert issue ~ February 2011
See my cakes, including my cover cake…
Country Ham Pancake Cake with Red Eye Gravy Buttercream
at Our State!
- Carolina Country Magazine ~ recipe publication
- Down Home Magazine (NC) ~ writer/resource/cover design Culinary & NC product topic
- Charm Magazine (division of The Rocky Mount Telegram) ~ columnist
- Wendy’s HOME EConomics! Facebook Community ~ table scraps from this blog!
- Small Farm Marketing Facebook Community ~ marketing & networking for NC farms/product producers
- Living…inside OUT! Facebook Community ~ my outdoor living community
- Mrs. Picky Fanicky “The Picky Periodical” Newsletter Creator/Web Site Designer/Expo Hostess/product placement
- Triangle East Magazine (out of publication) ~ culinary and domestics resource/featured business
- My own “Table Scraps” Newsletter
- Kiss The Cook ~ 4 newspapers-Franklin Times/E. Wake area
- The Making of a Personal Chef© ~ Co-Author, Editor
- The J.W. Perry Family Cookbook ~ Author/Editor/Publisher
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Cookbook ~ Assistant Editor
- The (WPTF radio ) Melting Pot Cookbook ~ Assistant Editor
- NBC’s “My Carolina Today” Show
- Small Business Opportunities magazine
- Southern Living magazine
- Watkins Home Products catalog
- News & Observer
- Eastern Wake News
- The Franklin Times
- The Wake Weekly
- The Franklin Weekly
- Wake Living Magazine
- East Carolina University’s EAST Magazine
- East Carolina University’s “A Pirates Life for Me!” Radio Show
- WPTF Radio
- Nationally syndicated radio show “The Supermarket Guru” w/Phil Lempert
“nothing is pleasant that is not spiced with variety”….francis bacon
AccOlades…Although befuzzlin’ to me, those folks at ECU saw fit to bestow uponst me a beautiful gold medal (that looks like a purple ribboned Olympic medal!) a few years back and deemed me as one of their “100 Incredible ECU Women Alumni“! Now I have personally always thought myself to be somewhat ‘incredible’ so this, I reckon, makes that ‘official!’ And then, not long after that, my school (The College of Human Ecology), hung another purple ribbon and medal around my neck presenting me with their “Legacy of Leadership Award.” I declare, I’m mighty humbled by these recognitions and hope I continue to live up to these honors, both to myself and my alma mater.
I’m suer duper excited to have won my 1st Blue Ribbon at the 2010 NC State Fair! for one of my 2 new incredible sugar free ketchups (more about that in blog posting)… eager to get one of them onto the marketplace…
do you know any Heinzesss? They need to buy my yummm recipe!
I invite you to come over next door to the Teacher’s Office for my list of professional services that may benefit your company!